Saturday, July 4, 2009

Junior Olymics

On Thursday June 25th my dad and I flew to Miami, Florida for a volleyball tournament called Junior Olymics. You have to qualify to get there so the top 78 teams in the country make it there and my team did. When we got there it was about 12:00 a.m Florida time. I was wide awake and I was so excited and hiper from being on a plane for a long time. When we started playing I was so confident in my team that we can win the gold and be first in the whole country of 12 teams. The first day we one all of our games so we were doing really well. The second day we lost all of our games but luckely we made it to the top 24 which is awesome. Then the 3rd day which meant the most that if you one you would make it to the top 8. We played good but not good enough to win. So the last day we won 1 out of 2 so we ended up getting 18. But when you think about it 18 is really good out of the whole 12 teams in the country. My journey there was really fun to be with my dad and play what I love volleyball! On our flight back my dad and I flew to Pheniox to watch my older sister Brooke play. It was really fun watching her play and see her make her first jump serve in and it was an ace. This past week in a half has been filled with volleyball and next week my break is over I start watching my moms high school team start. Happy 4th of July!!!!

2 comments:

Montana Mama said...

Meghan,
We can hardly hold back our pride for YOU! Congratulations what a great experience, this will be a memory that will last a life time for both you and your Dad.
We LOVE you and are really getting excited to see you next month.
Take care,
Ahma & Ampa

Yes...it means girl said...

Dear Meghan,

Hello from the Philippines! =) I'm so proud of you!! I remember playing in so many different volleyball tournaments when I was younger. I didn't get to fly all the way to Florida, but I still had tons of fun. I'm glad you had a great time with your dad. Keep up the great volleyball gaming skills.

I'm doing great in the Philippines. God has been so good and gracious to us here. We have been enjoying our time and it's been so great to spread the love of God in the country I was born in.

I hope you continue to have a wonderful summer!

For God's glory,

Miss Villarin