Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Junior Nationals Tournament!

This past week I have been competing for Junior Nationals. For this tournament you have to qualify to play. The top 5 teams of Southern California made this tournament and one of those teams was my team! We arrived in Reno, Nevada, on Wednesday. We had 4 days of competition. (that is the longest tournament my team has ever been competing in) On Thursday we didn't play. We had a day just to hang out, watch some older teams play, and go the mall! :) That day was so much fun, just spending time with my teammates.

Our days of competition were so tiring we had to stay on a very tight schedule. The first day we had to play three matches. We won all three of them! I was so happy because if we won the two games the next day, we could place first in our pool! But then next day came and we won one of the games and lost the other! But we still moved onto the next round. After those two games my team and I went to go and see Toy Story 3! It was so great!

The third day my team went down...we lost two out of the three we played. That meant we didn't have a chance at winning the gold medal. But after that, we still tried to get the highest place we could. So we did! On the fourth and final day, we won both of our games, making us the champions of our division! I was so proud of my team! We also got a big shiny plaque!

Here are some pictures showing my trip!


Team Pic!

Carly and I watching the 14's play!

Jules, Jen, Riley, and Kuuipo at the restaurant

My grandparents and I watching older teams play!

My team in front of the front sign!

No comments: